What are you reading these days?
Ever since I started working at a bookstore, my to-be-read pile has grown exponentially. Yesterday, someone actually bought my staff recommendation! It was fantastic! (And it was On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, one of my all time favorite books.)
I'm currently reading The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan, review soon to come (and this time I mean it!).
My To Be Read pile is looking a little like this:
1. Looking for Alaska by John Green - I've started this book twice and still haven't gotten through it. I know it's an amazing poster child for YA, and there are parts of it that I love, but I really haven't gotten into it.
2. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - I ordered this through the store and it arrived yesterday. I can't wait to read it! All the reviews online make it sound absolutely fantastic.
3. Harry Potter by JK Rowling - I'm determined to re-read this series, starting from book one. I have read all seven Harry Potter books, but only once. I don't know why.
4. Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta - I found this in a used bookstore and did a little dance that seriously freaked out all the employees. So excited to read this!
5. My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares - A few of my friends have read this, and they all say it's really awesome. I'm a big Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants fan :)
6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - Again, I've heard a lot of fantastic reviews of this book, and the cover looks so fancy and cool! (Exhibit A to the left.)
7. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss - I read the first few pages while I was putting some books away and it sounds really cool.
So, what's on your book list? Do you have any suggestions for reading material on windy fall days (like today--there's some blue sky in the distance, but I refuse to let it get me down)?