There are a few things I absolutely cannot stand about high school:
- Teachers who really don't want to be there and do not enjoy teaching.
- Students who really don't want to be there, and insist on making stupid comments that distract everyone else.
- Having to pack a lunch that's easy to pack and transport.
- High school relationships. Really? Really?
- Other people judging you on what you're wearing and who you're hanging out with.
- People constantly assuming that teenagers are wild and crazy and love to party--and insisting that high school is the best time of your life.
- My friends, people who I would never get to spend all day, five days a week, hanging out with, in any other location.
- Meeting people that you would never meet anywhere else.
- Learning new things. I know that sounds stupid, but how many people are going to study the history of Canadian fur trading unless they're getting graded on it?
- Decorating your lockers--it's like the ultimate personal space, even if it's painfully small and sometimes hard to remember the combo to.
- Band. If I didn't go to high school, I wouldn't be in school band. If I wasn't in school band, I wouldn't get to have those amazing, almost out-of-body experiences when all that matters is this wonderful noise that you're creating.
Have a great weekend,